Thursday, March 24, 2016

Mitered Squares Baby Blanket And Other FO's

I did finish a couple eggs I was posting about..  This one did not turn out like I thought it would.  For some reason I thought you could take the egg out, but that was not the case..   

This one, you can take the egg out. I had an egg in it; but someone who acts like he doesn't do "little kid" things anymore, I think took it..  :P  So I put another one in it.    Now, I have NO idea what I am going to do with them?...   But I wanted to crochet them. So, I got that out of my system. I also have been wanting to crochet a pillow, from "Barnyard Buddies".  I did start (and finished one side) one last night.  I know I could send that to OST/CPS, that's actually what I am making it for. I hope to do a few.  I wish they had patterns like that when my guys were little. I tried to crochet (and did write up the pattern for, but doubt anyone would want it..) the two older boys "Bed Bugs" when they were little. They took them up  north with them once.  That was before Pillow Pets..    I didn't take a picture of them, back then. I think I did a "Ladybug"..   Anyway.   Maybe I'll make some to send to OST...   

I finished the mitered squares blanket! Yay! It "only" took me six months...   I liked working on it, but I think I will do quicker patterns from now one, for the OB Unit.  

I saw the cutest tea card/packet? on Pinterest....   I loved it and wanted to make one so bad.  I couldn't find the stamp anywhere then kind of figured it was a retired stamp. So I looked online, and found one. But, it was for the whole set. (I only wanted the one stamp).   I told my husband all that and he said "Get it."   Aw...     (Excuse my messy table.)  

This is the stamp I wanted...   Now, I have another problem. (Sigh...)  I thought the one punch I had (circle) would be big enough; but it doesn't look like it will be. :(  And, I can't find the size scallop punch she said she used. I looked at JoAnn's, but could only find a three inch scallop punch.   And it is expensive!! Even on sale..   Maybe I will improvise...  It's a lot of money to do crafting now..  :/   Unless you find stuff at garage sales..

This is a little sweater and knit booties set.  I got the little heart buttons at JoAnn's yesterday. They were (are) so cute. The sweater is Aunt Jen's sweater, and the booties are Ooo Baby Knits booties. I made a pair before, but didn't write down any notes anywhere (that I can find). So, I will write them here (and on Ravelry, for future reference).  I used simply soft paints and the size 5 needle. I did the "large" size, because Simply Soft is a little bit heavier weight than baby sport yarn.  Well they still came out small, I think. They do measure 3.5 inches though.   They just look so tiny!  My babies were all huge, and had huge feet...   I also finished another sweater set..  I'll just add the picture..

It's the Paw Prints Cardigan.  And "Impatiently Waiting for Baby" booties by Christal Dines Friend. I love that pattern..

I'm just waiting for my yarn to arrive; so I can finish the corner to corner blanket, then I will send the box to the OB Unit...  I might finish another pair of booties meanwhile. We'll see. I've been busy cleaning, and still unpacking/ trying to organize...    OMG...  This house was not exactly "clean" when we moved in..  For example, all the windows are disgusting. I have been working on those. It's a lot of work.  Inside the window frames, on the bottom (well all over) were all disgusting...  Plus cleaning the actual windows...  Light plate switches (how do those get so gross????)  Walls, doors, running boards...  The stove was gross. I spent an hour easily on that yesterday. I only cleaned the hood and the filter and had to change the water, it was so greasy?     But now my kitchen is clean.   :D    I don't know if I mentioned, but we are having my brother in law and his wife over for dinner on Easter Sunday.    Today I am making the Pickled Eggs.  (They have to sit for a couple days.. Maybe I should do those tomorrow..)    I was going to make dinner rolls and desserts...   I'm stressing myself it thinking about it.   It isn't like they clean their house when they invite us over, either.   :P    I'm almost done with cleaning.  I just have to dust and clean the counter/toilet/floor in the bathroom.   I got the cutest little rabbit figures at JoAnn's... I'll have to take a picture of them. They were originally $14.99 for three bunnies, on sale for $5.99.   :D   I also got some tapered candles, for the table.  I had some crystal candle holders...  I can't find them anywhere.   Maybe I sold them at a garage sale.   (Which is where I probably got them to begin with..)   I don't usually decorate for Easter.  Now I want everything...   Sigh..    Anyway, I am almost all unpacked now!!!  I only have two boxes left (in our bedroom).  And organize some more in the "Craft/Laundry room".   There's a door to that room. So I can just close it..  Lol.   Somehow I think that table will never be organized.  Especially with Eon around...  Messmaker #1...   ;)   I don't care.  Most of the time...   (Only if company comes over, lol...)  

1 comment:

paula said...

Aunt Jen's sweater has always been my go to sweater pattern. It always comes out looking cute.

Those booties will probably be the right size. I know that booties normally measure 3 - 3.5 inches for the sole. And, little girls tend to have skinny little feet.

You think your unpacking is bad. I am sure still have a couple of boxes around here from our move in 2006 that haven't been unpacked. Shoot, I brought a foot locker with all of my copy books from teaching that I was going to sell on eBay . . . they are all right where I packed them 10 years ago. I don't even know if teachers still use this type of material.