Wednesday, June 03, 2015

I've Been Making Cards Again..

Well, technically; I've only actually made one card. But, I'm still in the mood. So that counts, right? :P  I was going to just go buy a Birthday card. But, the kids were still asleep. And I was feeling creative. I thought, "By the time they get up and ready to go, I could have a card done."  Ha ha ha.....   Best laid plans. Well I got it all cut out and stamped and cornered and colored.  But....   I was completely out of double-sided tape.  UGH!!! Go to make a card to save money, but you have to go get more supplies....   Sigh....    So, I just wrote inside the card, and lettered the enveleope. Then the kids got up and I was able to go to the store and get more double-sided tape.   I had about one hundred ideas for cards in my head. But....   This is what I came up with. 

I took this picture so you can see the 3-D butterfly. :D   I thought it looked like a garden gate, with a butterfly on it.  Not like the card I had copied it from. This is the card I was trying to copy.  (The Happy Birthday card in the top row, in the middle.) But the scalloped punch was too small for the butterfly I had. So....  I improvised.

My Mom gave me this punch a while ago. This is the first time I have used it. I used my corner punch to round the corners.  

You can see my "Helpers", who are always under my feet.  :P  Jetta wanted to get in the picture.

The butterfly stamps. You can see how much smaller the scalloped punch is. 

Mama, I think I need a treat...   It's about that time.

I didn't realize I had so many Washi Tape rolls! I bought the two purple ones today, when I got the double-sided tape. They are addictive. I think I have a couple more rolls, somewhere..

I also finished a baby afghan for the OB Unit...

The color is offf in this picture. Its more like the first picture..

No comments: