Saturday, May 25, 2013

What I Have Been Up To..

..besides not blogging. :P  I have just been so busy lately. I don't even have anything to show for it. But.. RL. You know? :) I made some homemade dog treats for Jetta. I have been baking more lately. I wasn't sure if I should even bother making homemade treats for her. Our last dog, (well, our last dog we had for any length of time) Sunny; didn't like homemade treats that well. But... Jetta likes almost anything if I give it to her. :P So.. I thought I would try. I *tested* to see if she liked peanut butter. (Sunny didn't, if I remember right..) She liked it. :P  So, I made some Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers. :D She likes them.  In fact, I think she might even love them. A couple days ago I had been gone for a while. When I came back, I asked her if she wanted a cookie. I got them out of the fridge and when I went to give it to her, she was smiling the biggest I have ever seen her smile. It was so cute.  This is the site I got that recipe off of: Bullwrinkle Recipes.  

The finished dog treats. I got a "dog bone" cookie cutter a few years ago (for Sunny when I made her treats). So it came in handy for these. Who's a spoiled puppy?..  :P 

I have started doing more volunteering in Eons' school again. I used to at his old school. But... I really got burned out. I didn't feel appreciated at all there. Long story. But, a couple months ago Eons' teacher called me and asked if I would like to go on a field trip with them. I had been thinking about getting back into volunteering, but I wasn't sure. Well, this decided it for me, I guess. :P  We went to a Children's Museum.  I think the kids had fun. (I was busy chasing four boys around all day..) This is a (cartoon) picture of Eon and his BF on the bus ride there. (It was a long ride.)

I think Eon had way more fun than he let on. :) 

Then, that Friday was "Bring Your Parent to Lunch Day".  Only I went this year. (My husband and I both went last year).

Some artwork was hung in the hallways. They made masks in Art Class. Eons' mask is on the right. :)

...And, now I am an "official" volunteer. I do Popcorn Fridays. Yesterday was the last Friday of the year (well, for Popcorn Fridays, it was.)  The other volunteer is moving out of the school district, so now it will be me and one other volunteer (Friday was her first time), and maybe one other person. I don't know for sure. I keep hoping (kind of?) that maybe this will lead to a real job...  :D  I've been thinking about going back to work. I would like to just part time, but..  I think a job at a school would be perfect, then I wouldn't have to worry about finding a babysitter during the summer months, or school breaks.  There hasn't been any job listings (I would qualify for) yet. But.  Who knows.

I have also been doing a little crocheting. I dug my Mom's purse out that I had started for her. It's the Bloomin Bag, by Cathy Phillips (it's a free Ravelry download). I don't know why, but it is taking me forever. I'm actually farther along than this, but still..  Maybe I will get to work on it some more over the three day weekend.
 

No comments: