Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Christmas Crunch

...No, I'm not talking about the cereal. :P  I wasn't going to do ANY knitting or crochet projects this year for Christmas. Now, with ten days left til Christmas, I decide to do not just one, but three things..  O.o   I was *only* going to do a beer sweater for my husband. Just something to put in his stocking. He likes a beer every once in a while, and I thought this would be a cute "Gag" gift. Plus he is so hard to shop for, cuz he doesn't ever want anything. I didn't have much in the way of sport weight yarn, so I used a ball I had that looked like sport weight. Plus I thought the fuzziness would add to the the humor of it. (Too bad I don't have pink, lol.)  Someone gave it to me.

Here is the label. It was made in Spain. Nice. :)

And, I decided to do a little ornament for a gift for someone. Someone else I write to was telling me about one she had made for someone, and I looked it up on Ravelry: Miniature Knitting Bag Ornaments  I put this one aside and started my husbands beer sweater, though. So I can work on it while he isn't here, and work on everything else while he is here. :P

I also started a pair of green slippers. I don't know why.....    I might put these aside too. I was thinking "Elf slippers", maybe. But none of my kids want any. Sooo...  I might just make them for the charity pile of stuff I got going. I'm using the Yarn Lover's Room Slipper Sock pattern.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Good idea for a hubby gift ;)
The miniature knitting bag is so cute! I went and downloaded the pattern, but it won't open in my computer...will try again on my son's computer later.

Tina said...

Thanks Mimi. It is really easy.I just cast on 16 and did seed stitch, until it measured 6 inches then cast off. Work I cord for 5 inces, cast off. Sew it all up. :)