Monday, December 10, 2012

Santa Hats

I finished these five Santa Hats for a family of friends. They are the ones who got my husband the job here to begin with. And they (husbands) worked together when we lived in Colorado, too. I never actually met them though; until we moved here. They have invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner every year for the past three years, I think. She saw my Santa hat on facebook, and I don't remember how, but we got on the subject of it once; and she said she wanted to do a family picture with them all wearing Santa hats.  Sooo... This year I crocheted them all hats. Using Mimi's Playful Santa Hat pattern. My favorite. :)  Now I have one more to do for another friend (who I've known since high school) - oh, the crunch... it's killing me..  :(  After that, I am free to make what I want. I was thinking about some slippers, or start Eons knitted Striped Hat. Just like the blue one, with the red stripe. I didn't link to the actual pattern page, but you can get to it from there. He wants one just like that.  I have had the yarn, and I got some 16 inch circulars to do it on. I was just trying to get all the Santa hats done. I've never done a hat (nothing besides a baby afghan) on circulars. So.. We'll see.   Oh, I did the girls' hats in more "blingy" yarn than the boys'. So that's why two of them look different. :)

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Aww, so nice to see them all Tina! Good idea to make the girls' hats in "blingy" yarn :)