Monday, March 28, 2011

Well It Isn't Scrabble, But...

I made some Sweet and Spicy Honey Nut Chex Mix the other night..  It was okay.. But I don't think I will ever make it again. I just didn't like it that much. (The recipe calls for cayenne pepper and I think it was too much.) Next time I make anything like this; I just want it sweet.

I thought I would post a (not so good) picture of some Quail that were in our back yard (and the neighbors back yard) the other day.  They're so neat. My husband says "Dinner" every time we see them. lol  (We haven't eaten any, just so you know!!! I wouldn't either.)  

They sometimes come to my bird feeder (which is on the other side of the back yard).  You can see the top of our little apple tree. It has about two or three baby apples on it. I hope it will do well this summer. Last summer it didn't do so well. The person who owns this house (we know her) wasn't here a lot, and so it didn't get watered. And (I think) by the time she asked us to water it, it was probably too late to do any good. But we have been watering it (and all the other ones) since we've been here, and it seems to be doing a lot better. Plus my husband trimmed some of the branches. It was growing all sideways and down. (Weird.)  Now it looks like a dwarf apple tree. :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL.. My husband says "there is Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner" to ever cow he sees... Like your "Dinner"... Sorry about your snack - from my end it looks good..

Mimi said...

I don't like spicy too...Your snack made me want to buy something ready to eat - maybe cheesy popcorn ;)
We have eaten fried quail birds a long time ago, its common here esp. when there were lots of vacant lots.
I hope you'll have lots of apples from your tree :)