Friday, June 25, 2010

Hamster Love...

I crocheted some hamster tubes yesterday. I don't know why. I haven't felt much like crocheting or doing anything, lately. I don't know where these came from. I had been wanting to crochet a hamster hideout/hut for Oak (the Russian Dwarf Hamster) since we got her. But, she loves sleeping inside her toilet paper roll tubes. ?? (We put them in there for to chew on-which she also does..) I remember Relic Raider crocheting a tunnel for her guinea pig, on Crochetville. So I thought, "I should just crochet her a tube". I chained long enough to fit just around the toilet paper roll tube. Then just crocheted back and forth. I put it up on my pattern blog. It's so easy. You don't really even need a pattern. But...
Oak loves her tube, by the way. She won't come out of it, sometimes.
I made another one, for Mia. She doesn't seem to like it as much. I washed her hamster hut for her. She does seem to like that.
Here's a funny (blurry) picture of Mia with her cheeks stuffed full. She's so funny. "Holy Cheeks, Bat Man!"... lol
I want to breed her and the male, Rhino. I talked to the owner of the place where we got her (and him). But I've been reading about "Hamster baby horror stories" (from inbreeding). :( I don't know if they would be related, or not.. I don't know if we will breed them, or not; either. The owner of the store said he would take any babies they had. (I wanted to find out before hand...) If they do have babies, I would want to keep one. We'll see...
I've been working on yoyos. I have had these going for a long time. I just decided to try and join them one day. (For a purse, like Joanieponytails). I got both sides done. I just need to crochet around them and join.. Do the straps. Make the liner.. I haven't even finished my Bloomin' Bag. I got both straps done on it, though. Need to sew them on, and make the flower. Then the liner..
I also have a freezer bag of yoyos I had been saving up to send to Jana for Crafting for a Cause. I started putting some together for an afghan. (Sorry, Jana!) It's kind of fun. I am going to need a lot more, for a whole afghan, though..
Well that's about all. I feel like going back to bed. Or making more coffee. Or vice-versa. I can't go back to bed anyway... I woke up way too early this morning from cramps. :/ Can't stop yawning. At least it's cooler today. Yesterday was 102. :0

2 comments:

LG said...

Hamster tubes! Tina this is so funny, look how much both of them enjoy their new toys!

Tina said...

Thanks Vik. I think they liked them more, when I first made them for them. Now they just walk on them. They seem to like them better when we take them outside and we make tunnels for them to go through.. I'll have to remember to post a picture of them someday. :)