Friday, September 04, 2009

Phone Pictures....

.... Since that's all I have left from my trip. :( We'll see if these work okay.... While I stayed at my Dad's, there was a lot of wild animals we saw coming through their backyard everyday. This was a turkey we saw the day before we left. It came right up by the house. Was probably getting bird seed on the ground from all of my stepmoms' bird feeders. :) It was so cool. Another day we saw a mama turkey, with three babies, out towards the pond. I don't know if this was the same turkey or not, since it didn't have any babies with it... This is a baby chipmunk my twelve year old caught! (He used two sticks to pick it up.) You should have heard me, 'Don't you dare hurt that baby chipmunk!' He put it up on the table. It was shaking really bad. I said 'Don't put that up there, it's gonna walk right off the --' (table) (It fell off.) :( I said 'Go put it back where you found it, it's mama is probably looking for it.' Well later on that day, I heard a bunch of commotion outside; so I went over to the sliding glass door and heard that Buddy (my Dad's dog--he's a Border Collie mix and is the BEST dog on earth!!--except for this....) got a baby chipmunk in his mouth. It was apparently already dead. :( I told my stepmom about the kids finding it earlier; and I hope that they didn't do anything to hurt it... (I didn't tell her how it fell off the table... I know they didn't hurt it with the sticks, they wouldn't intentionally hurt an animal like that, but...) Anyway she said it was probably already injured, or they wouldn't have been able to catch it. Maybe. Well, here *was* the cute baby chipmunk: Poor baby chipmunk... :(
And these were taken at the mill pond in our old town. Tons of geese and ducks... (The big ones spreading their wings are statues in the water...) You can see the bridge going over the pond (this is where I took the last picture, from)
The geese will come right by you, but not look at you or come to you.
And here is a view of the mill pond, from the bridge that goes over the pond... (With the top of my six year olds' head in there, too...)
Guess I should have taken more phone pictures, in this case, huh? Oh well... Just thought I'd share some of them here....

4 comments:

Susan said...

Love the pictures... Wish I knew how to put pictures I take with my phone camera onto the computer. I'm sure our son could show me. But I don't know if he has the patience to show me...LOL

~ Susan

Tina said...

I'm surprised I figured it out, Susan. ;P I uploaded them from my phone to Sprint (you may have to upgrade your phone service to do this), then right clicked to 'Ssve Picture As'. Not sure if that's how it works with everything, but... In a nutshell that's what I did. ;)

Mimi said...

What a nice backyard! Its awesome to have all those wild animals as neighbors ;)

Tina said...

I know; it was nice that I got to see all that while I was there... I forgot to post about all of the animals we saw in their backyard. I updated it in my latest post, but I still forgot another one: a groundhog. We saw that little guy (or girl?) a couple different times.