Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blueberry Muffins!

... dishcloths, that is... :P I have been knitting more dishcloths. I knitted the off-white one first. Then I thought, "Duh... I should have knit this in blue, for blueberry?"

Oh well. If you have a Ravelry account, you can find the link here for this dishcloth. If not, you can find it at digknittydesigns dot blogspot dot com. With a 'www' in front. :P




Is anyone else craving blueberry muffins now?...
I did make some muffins, although they aren't blueberry.... (In case you thought you were going to see some yummy blueberry muffins, from my blog post title...) They are 'Fat Free Zuccini' muffins. I think it is kind of misleading when they say these are 'fat free'. They are still loaded with sugar. And doesn't the body convert sugar into fat?..... Technically, they don't have any fat in them, but... Someone gave us a bunch of vegetables from their garden. My son did some work for him. He paid him a little bit, plus gave him all those vegetables. Tomatillas, tomatoes, cucumbers, beets (yuck), carrots, and two big zuccini. Which is all grated up and in the freezer. So far we have had two loaves of zuccini bread. (My 17 year old made some.) I just stay out of his way in the kitchen, and tell him 'Do whatever you want but you're cleaning up the mess.' :P He is pretty good about that. (Although, the dishes might not be *totally* clean after he washes them, but.. that's a whole other thing..) Anyway the zuccini bread was good. He googled zuccini bread recipes (before I could even get my cookbooks out to find some for him), and did it all on his own. Anyway, we also had some of it on the grill, and then I made a Chocolate Zuccini (Bundt) cake. It was okay. Everyone else said they liked it. (They were probably just trying to be nice...) ;) It was all right, but the frosting was kind of grainy to me. It was super sweet. I could barely finish the one piece. These muffins are too sweet, too...

Anyway~~ I also crocheted some more leaves... in more 'traditonal' leaf colors? I should have taken a picture of all the "leaf rubbings" my six year old did yesterday. He did two pages of 'traditonal' fall leaf colors, then decided he was going to make them ANY color. LOL He made a hot pink leaf, a black one, a blue one... Too funny. Maybe I'll take some pictures of them today.

We used to do leaf rubbings every fall. It is kind of ridiculous doing it here, but... Still kind of fun. Even if the leaf we used is still green!


I hope you all are having a nice day. :)

2 comments:

Mimi said...

That's cute, I love blueberry muffins! Your post is making me hungry...How cool, your son doing the baking. You might have a future chef there ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Mimi! I know, I was craving blueberry muffins and a cup of coffee for two days after making these... :P

Ever since our boys were little, they always helped me bake. (Not with *everything*, but..) I think it is good, he will know how to do some cooking when he gets out on his own.