Saturday, June 26, 2021

My Sewing Machine is Dead










Well, I finally took my sewing machine in. It had been making a horrible squeaking noise since almost after I first got it. I took it apart, cleaned and oiled it... Still...  I tried to sew the seams of the sashing on the t-shirt quilt with it. Still squeaking. So I took it apart cleaned and oiled it again. Still.. So I took it in. Well, the hand wheel wouldn't even turn then! I told her what was going on. She said unfortunately they would have to take it apart, it's inside..  They wanted to charge me more than what it would cost to buy a brand new machine!!! 




$100 more than it would cost to buy a brand new one, to be exact.  Ridiculous. I just saw this when I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday.    Makes me mad.  I told her, "I could buy a brand new one for half that." (Actually, it was $100 less than that...)  At least I still have my sewing machine my husband got me for Christmas. The woman said it's not really a heavy duty machine. I could just use it for regular sewing. So...   That's what I'll do. I want to sew a baby quilt for our friends' daughter, she is due in September. I got a pattern and all the fabric. I just need to do it.

I have been making cards lately. I don't have a picture of two other ones I made, it was with the Dollar Tree stamp set with "Summer", "Travel", flip flops, beach ball, ice cream cone... (I made this card with that set, too.  I used another stamp I have, it's a turtle. And I printed out "You're Turtle-y the Best" to put on the card. I printed out a bunch of turtle "sentiments", maybe I'll make another one (and take a picture next time).  
 

No comments: