Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Quick Post

I finished the edging (and all the knitting) on the Tomten Jacket. I have since this picture, sewn up one sleeve as well. :) I am so glad I stuck with it, I really love it now. (I did not love it while I was working on it, sometimes..)  

We got a new kitty. It was "Maddie's Pet Adoption Day" at the shelter here. I was just going to go look...  (Famous last words.) I wanted a kitten. But all the kittens they had wouldn't be available for another couple weeks.  So, after (driving the volunteer nuts) staying for about an hour and looking at and holding each cat, and leaving, and coming back, we got this kitty. :D His name was Hippo. But, we re-named him Cosmo. There is a story behind his name.   I was looking at the papers, to see what all it said. Well, his birthday is the EXACT same day and year as Bagheera!! That just blew me away.  I couldn't believe it. I started googling words for "meant to be".  The only things that came up that I would consider naming my cat were maybe Kismet. But then another word came up, that I knew was going to be it. Cosmos. Which I shortened to Cosmo. Because 1. My husband worked on the Cosmopolitan hotel when we first lived here. 2. It used to be my favorite drink and 3. I could not think of any other names I liked...  :D  He is VERY lovable. And him and Bagheera seem to get along good. Bagheera has been wrestling with Cosmo, which I don't know if Cosmo really likes... Steve says they're just playing. But I will break it up if it seems like Cosmo doesn't like it.

Every time I come in the door now, this is what I see.  :P

Cosmo on our bed.

Both of them on the counter when we first brought Cosmo home.

I crocheted them both mice, since I cannot find the one Natasha sent for Bagheera, anywhere. I think he has a secret hiding place. They don't really seem to like these. Bagheera will play with them if I show them (one) to him  Anyway, that's it for today. I have to go get Eon from school.

Oh, one more thing. Las Vegas broke a record yesterday for 100* first time in 2018.

No comments: