Thursday, May 31, 2018

Cookie Fail/Save, and a Handmade Birthday Card

I made a batch of Snickerdoodle Cookies today. But, the dough wouldn't stick together very well. So, after trying for the (only) second time to get one ball to stick together, I said I'm just going to put all the dough in a pan...  So that's what I did. I greased it really good. Sprinkled the cinnamon sugar on top...  And guess what? It turned out pretty good.

So I saved the cookies...   Eon cut them. :)

Well this is a long story behind a card I made. I used to sponsor a girl named Tia through a group (I think Crafting for a Cause, I don't know..)  Well the group closed. And after we moved to Oregon, I lost touch because every time I sent her a card with my new address, it was returned to me. And when we moved here, same thing. So, I went on Facebook to see if I could find her. (I did.)  I eventually sent her a friend request, and she accepted it.  Long story short, she has two kids and their birthdays are in June and July. The girl is turning 3.   So, another long story, we have no money so I made a card.  It ended up being two cards.  I saw this online to decorate the front. Not that exact card, but there isn't a link to the actual card I used.  

This was how I started the card. It's actually a Christmas Card. But, it's a present. So...  I don't know. I just wanted to do something fun for the little girl.  Now I have to try and think of something for a present...  Since we are broke.  I saw a really cute doll/backpack pattern and am entering a contest to try and win a free copy of the pattern: Dress Me Dolls Set. That would be a lot of work, though..  And right on the heels of making that, I would have to do something for her brother. (He is turning four.) And Tia is turning 23.  So, that's three birthdays...

2 comments:

Mimi said...

That looks yummy! I hope I can go back to baking again, since store-bought goodies are so expensive now and so sweet :p

Tina said...

That's why I haven't baked in a while, it's too sweet (and fattening). LoL