Thursday, April 19, 2018

Some Really Old Projects

I was laying in bed last night, trying to go to sleep. I was thinking about some of the old projects I used to crochet. And so this morning, I went through some old pictures (one box, lol-- I still have a lot more).  This was pre-digital camera, and pre-computer days (at least for us).  Also, pre-Amigurumi days. :)  I crocheted the two older boys some "Floppy Dogs" from an old "Crafting Traditions" magazine. They wanted puppies, too. :D  They actually wanted a whole litter. Each. O.o  But I did make them each a puppy. :)

I also used to crochet "Bed Dolls". From Annie's Attic. I used to crochet these, before our oldest son was even born. But I didn't have a camera, even to take a picture of them then. I crocheted two for my younger sisters. One I know was "Miss February, 1992." I don't remember what the other one was..   This one I gave to one of my nieces.  Steve's late Great Aunt Steffie had given me three or more big skeins/balls of gold polyester thread. I used some of it (I still had more when this was done, that's how much she gave me) to crochet this dress.  I don't even have the patterns for these bed dolls, any more. They took a long time to finish. I think I made three all together. I used to love crocheting doll clothes; which was unfortunate for me since we had three boys. :) But I would make them for other people..  I still have a bunch of clothes, and doll patterns. But none of the bed dolls.

And this was the picture I kept thinking about, for some reason... I don't know why. We had that ugly old couch... (Ugh!!) That was when I let a stray cat into our house, and he peed on everything, our bed, our couch!... We had to get a new mattress, and throw our couch away- and get this ugly one from the Salvation Army/Goodwill.  Anyway.  I was crocheting Eli an afghan. And he was sticking his tongue out. :P

These were the Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies I was talking about in my last post, I think.  And this is the recipe. I got more chocolate chips, and caramel pieces to make more, this morning. They're yummy.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Very nice 'old' pics and projects!

Tina said...

Thanks Mimi.