Sunday, April 08, 2018

Spring Break...

Eon has been on Spring Break all week (well, last week, since today is Sunday). And, we have been completely broke. So... What do you do on Spring Break when you are broke?  Well, my plans were to do nothing. Except, sleep, knit, eat. Bake, read...  Eon had other plans. He wanted to have a friend over. Soooo.... I had to clean. And bake (which I was going to do anyway. But it isn't as fun when you HAVE to do it..)  I made some Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells for dinner. And baked Snickerdoodles. That was two days of cleaning/cooking.  I did get to relax and do all the things I wanted to do, too...   I made a card for one of my pen pals..  It didn't turn out as cute as I thought it would.  A bee, and "Happy Bee~ Lated Birthday".  I put a flower on it and what is supposed to be a honeycomb..    I won't be able to send it out until this week. So it will "bee" late.. I also baked banana bread. I was mashing the bananas, and started singing "mashed banana, mashed banana" to the dogs... (From The Wiggles, kids' show...) LOL. I think I am losing my mind..

I tested a sleepsack pattern. It's done, I just need to get buttons for it, sew them on and take a picture.  Then I got the Tomten Jacket out, to try and work on it. I didn't want to. But once I started working on it (after I got everything out and figured out where I was on the sleeve...)  I did enjoy it.  I also found the yarn skein wrapper for the green yarn. So if I need more (which I think I will), I can get more.  I thought I couldn't remember so I was glad I found it. I also did write it down in my notebook. Which I am glad I kept. I think I will just use that whole notebook for all my projects. I always try to go in to my Ravelry projects to see if I kept notes ("Oh, what did I do here last time?"...)  and only half the time do I "write it down"... 

I crocheted a cross bookmark for another pen pal who wrote me she just got confirmed (?? is that what it's called ??) as a Catholic. She converted.  So, even though I am NOT religious, I like crosses (even though I don't have any), angels...  (I do have those.)   So I got her a confirmation greeting card and am sending this with it. Nothing big, but like I said, we are broke.

Then I got this in the mail yesterday. :D  It totally made my day.  Another one of my pen pals, Barbara, sent them to me. She said "Since we are both kitchen towel junkies".  I love that. And, I am one..   When Eon had his friend over, I was cleaning like mad and trying to make everything look perfect. (We even hung pictures up -- I took a picture, I should upload it..)

We hung pictures in the living room. So the house looks more lived in. :)  I think that is a record for us, hanging pictures in two and a half months! It took a year and a half to hang them in our old house. And I didn't even hang any in the apartment before that..  It feels more like "home" with pictures up. :)  We might add to that wall, but I like it for now.

A recent picture of Jaxson... :)  He is taller than Jetta now (slightly), and weighs 47.5 lbs! Jetta weighs 30 lbs. Always has..  

No comments: