Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A Pattern I Tested and Cookies I Baked...

I tested a sleepsack pattern for someone in a group I am in on Facebook. I made it to the pattern instructions.  It does measure 22 inches from top to bottom. But, the front panel only measures 15 inches.  So... I think it is too small. The next one I make, I will make the front panel 22 inches long.  I asked about it on the Bundles of Joy group. (Where I would be sending it..)  I still need to get buttons and sew them on the sides. The only place to get buttons here is Walmart (which, I am glad we have-but, they don't have a huge selection of buttons.) So I will have to either order online or drive 67 miles to the nearest craft store, Michaels or Hobby Lobby..   I do like this sleepsack. The back part of the front panel is not bumpy like the front, it's soft.   I saw a sleepsack that I really liked in a magazine recently (I can't remember what the magazine was). The style was like this one though.   All you basically would do is crochet a straight piece, put a border on it, then sew it up. Sew buttons on the sides... 

I made more cookies today. It hasn't even been one week. I baked Snickerdoodles last Wednesday.  These are Butterscotch Cookies. I added what was left in the bag of salted caramel chips from some cookies I made a while back. I don't think I posted them, I will try and upload a picture of those and post it. They were yummy. Anyways, these were even yummier with the chips in them.  I doubled the recipe, because usually it only makes one or two dozen.  This made four dozen exactly. 

Close up.. 

I always put some in baggies and stick them in the freezer, for lunches. Otherwise they all get eaten, it seems- before I even pack a lunch the next morning. 

So you can see how big I roll the balls.  I like doing this while I am waiting for the cookies in the oven. Then I just have to put them on the cookie sheet, for the next batch..


No comments: