Monday, February 17, 2014

Eli's Birthday

His birthday was last month. I don't know why I didn't post any pictures anywhere. I think I thought, "People are sick of 'photo albums' on facebook... No one cares.." (Plus, I had accepted a friend request from my MIL... That's a long story.. I have since unfriended her.)  But... I don't know why I didn't post them on my blog.   Here are the helium balloons I got..

I decorated his bedroom door. (All while he was at school, on his birthday.)

This isn't the greatest picture, but he was actually smiling. (He was smiling because there was money in his card..) So I *had* to take a picture. ;)  He is my hardest child to shop for. He "doesn't want anything." Not clothes, not shoes... I have bought him new jeans, he won't even try them on. I had to return them. He only has one pair of jeans, and wears them all the time...  The only thing he is interested is his xbox/games. (Sigh...) He wanted a gaming computer (and asked for money so he could save up for one.) We told him we couldn't afford to buy him one, and he would have to save up his own money. (We just bought him the xbox a couple years ago. ) But then I think he decided he wants an xbox one. They *do* get outdated fast.. (xboxes)   Anyway~~

Opening his present.


Vans shoes.. (I had to order them in the mail.)  I thought he might like these. He needed new shoes, bad. I thought if I bought him some special shoes, it could be a birthday present... (They are expensive.)

Trying them on.. They fit. :)


The cake on fire. :P

Yum...

And this is what the cake looked like. He just wanted a "chocolate cake". So, I thought, "I'm just going to make him one myself this year."  I used The Best Chocolate Cake recipe.  I don't remember what frosting recipe I used. Just a basic chocolate buttercream one, I know..  I looked all over town for fun cake toppers. I couldn't find anything he would like. So, I just bought a basic "Happy Birthday" candle set at Walmart. And the numbers 17.  I can't believe he is 17 already..

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Happy birthday to your son, Tina! They grow up so fast...my younger one's birthday is next month - he's turning 24 ;)

Tina said...

Thank you, Mimi! And Happy Early Birthday to your son. Our oldest son will be 22 in April. So they are only a couple years apart. :)