Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Look what I woke up to this morning.. Aaaaaaw!  I love my husband. 

We didn't buy any valentines or anything for any of Eons' friends. The teacher said "If you want to bring in a Valentine for anyone, you have to bring one for everyone." Which kind of makes sense, then no one gets left out. But Eon said he didn't want to. Which was a good thing, since we are low on cash this week. :(
At the bus stop this morning, he started talking about cupcakes a girl had brought in for her birthday. "They were the best cupcakes ever." Me -> "What flavor were they?"  Eon -> "Chocolate. With chocolate frosting."  Me -> "Did her mom make them?" ... Lol  You should have heard him going on about those cupcakes. (He is such a Prystup- going on and on about food, Lol!!)  Well then I said "Do you want me to make some cupcakes just for us, today?"
I had bought a cupcake "kit" for a little stick-in for a package I sent out earlier this month, and I kept thinking "I should have gotten one for us, too."  So today I did.   

Here they all are. I made 24. But I ate one. :D  I had to taste test it! Tee Hee...   I made the cupcakes from scratch. Betty Crocker's Best Chocolate Cake Recipe. I baked them for about 20 minutes.  I obviously bought the frosting. It was cheaper than buying sprinkles and frosting. (Or even just buying sprinkles!) How come there is more than enough frosting, but not enough sprinkles?  Oh well. I'm sure they will still get eaten.   Besides us, Eli is having a friend over tonight. So..  :)  

No comments: