Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Our Newest Family Member..

We got a dog!..  She's a Border Collie, "adult". She loves to play fetch, and loves kids. That's all we know. :)  We got her from the Animal Shelter today. Well, "I" got her from there.  ;)    She seems like she is going to be a really good dog. I haven't heard her bark once yet. My Dad's dog is like that, too. (He has a Border Collie, as well) I wonder if it's a Border Collie thing?    I thought we had decided on the name Portia (like the car~ although my husband says "You're spelling it wrong." I said, "No I'm not, you can spell it that way- it's pronounced the same way as the car.." Sheesh..) But I don't know if we are going to call her that for sure; or not...   :)

5 comments:

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

Oh you did it.... We have a border collie too and she's great - funny I just blog about her... Yours is super cute....

Congrats!!

Mimi said...

She's looking good Tina!...I like the name Portia ;)

teakaycee said...

Omy.........what a sweetie!
Congratulations on the new baby!


God Bless
.::Tam::.

LG said...

Congratulations Tina! Or should I better said Congratulations Portia! How great she was adopted by you!

Tina said...

Thank you, everyone. We love her. She is afraid of everything, though. :( I bought a dog brush and showed her it. She immediately put her head down, cowered; and backed away. She does that every time. She's also afraid to ride in the car, afraid of the garage (because that's where the car is?), afraid of the blow dryers, other dogs (unless they are smaller than her), bunnies... (Seriously, my husband took her for a walk today and they saw a rabbit & she cowered. ??? She's so funny... :P