Monday, February 08, 2010

WIPs...

Well I think I am doing pretty good about only working on things I already have going. The only problem is, I don't feel like working on any of them, cuz I'm bored with them all... (Sigh..) But today and yesterday I worked on some of them. These squares are going to be an afghan someday. :P My husbands Great Aunt sent me a diagram of an afghan she is making (her own design?); and instructions on how to do the 'plain square'. (The other squares are flowers) This is how many I have done so far. All the pink, all the yellow, and started on the blue... Have a soft green and off-white to go, plus the flowers, then bordering them all and sewing them together. This afghan is not going to be done any time soon. I figured; if I start it now, it might be done by next winter. (I am going to be sending it to Pine Ridge, to one of the elders I send things to....)

I should have taken a picture of the beautiful necklace I got from on of the other elders I send things to (the one who I made the two star afghans for--her grandsons [two of them, anyway]-- link is to one of the afghans...). I love it; it's so pretty. I'll try to remember to take a pic to post next time...

I got a new stamping magazine recently. Since I got my teddy bear stamp in the Tag & Silly Swap, I have been in the mood to make cards again. I didn't really get any ideas for the bear stamp in this magazine, but I liked some of the cards in there, so...

This is another (old, old, old) WIP I have had. I picked it up last night and worked on it. I didn't realize how close I was to being done. (Or else I forgot...) All I have to do now is sew it up and crochet the edging on it. It reminds me a lot of the 'LA Shrug' I did. Same stitch, anyway... I hope I will like this/it will cover my blub/ when it's done...

I forgot to post the 'bee' I made, too. I don't have a picture of it anymore (well, I do have one on my Ravelry page... if you really want to see it.. :P) My husband re-installed Windows on our computer, and I told him, 'All the pictures on there that I want I have saved to a website, so you don't have to worry about saving them to a CD (or whatever you save them to...)' He couldn't find the right kind of disc to put them on. Anyway, I don't know anything about computers-- except how to email, and blog, and post pictures... :P But I couldn't get on to Crochetville (this happened to me before, when we had AOL). I vaguely remember someone saying something about deleting my cookies? or something like that... (Back then, when we had AOL...) I tried and tried; and I don't know.... I must have finally done something right, because I was finally able to get on there today-- and didn't have to sign back in every time I tried to go to a different page, or post... Sheesh.
I get to have my very first mammogram done tomorrow. Having turned 40 last year, I guess it's one of those things I'm 'supposed' to do.... So I might as well get it over with, eh?... My hubby spoiled me this weekend and made dinner each night. Saturday he made Slim Jims. Yummy... (We met at Elias Brothers Big Boy Restaraunt~ He was the cook/manager, I was a waitress... :P) Well not having any Big Boys here (unless we drive to California...), we kind of miss it sometimes. There used to be a Big Boy somewhere in Las Vegas. We drove there once, like an hour away, and it was closed! I wonder if it ever opened back up, or not?... Have to check that out.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi Tina! I really admire your generosity with your time, talent and funds to continue sending to Pine Ridge. I guess they do appreciate it so much :)
Your bolero is very nice, can't wait to see it done...bet its going to look good on you ;)
Sorry to have to say this, but I never had a mammogram...and don't have any plan yet. I'm so stubborn when it comes to those stuff :p I hope I live to a ripe, old age though.

Unknown said...

Mimi, the mammogram was not so bad. It was a little bit uncomfortable, but... Not painful. :) I would probably not get one done, either. But I figured, while we have health insurance... Might as well get all these things done while I can.

I finished my bolero! I will post about it soon. It's on my Ravelry page, though; if you want to see it. And I posted it on Crochetville, too.

Lucy said...

Those squares are going to make a really cute afghan!!