Friday, February 19, 2010

A Lot Of Finished Projects... Finally :P...

See what happens when I don't blog in a while? (Well, sometimes) I actually have FOs to post about... Three were on my list of projects to finish, three weren't... (Sigh) But, they are all done now so no worries. The mouse ami is one I have had sitting in my drawer, undone. I had been looking for mouse/rat patterns to make on Ravelry. I still feel awful about the rat my husband killed that got in our house a while back... Well last night I went to get some grey yarn out of my yarn bin(s), in case I found a pattern to work on. (Since my husband goes to bed pretty early, has to get up at 3 am...) Well when I went to get the grey yarn, I found this project in there too. All I had left to finish was the ears, and stuff and sew it up. I was going to give it to Eon, but he said he didn't want it!! :0 (Brat) So, I am going to RAOK it to someone... Anyway, you can find the pattern at The Kansas Hookers blog: Mouse Ami. :D I don't know why I didn't finish it when I was so close to being done... Oh well, story of my life lately... :P

I crocheted a couple (three, actually--which makes it four projects that weren't on my list, actually, but...) of dishcloths. This one from a pattern book of dishcloths (ripple) that I have.

This one I just kinda made up. I started a different pattern and said "I just want something brain dead that I don't have to look at the pattern and try to remember what row I am on.." So since I had chained 31 already, I just did sc, ch 1, skip one, across. With two sc in last two stitches. And did that for the whole thing. I think there is a pattern on the Bernat site like this, but I am almost positive you chain more... I also did a second one just like it, different variegated color. They are all going into my charity pile...
Along with this. This is a project that has been sitting undone (cuz I didn't have yarn to finish it). Well I must have unconciously remembered I needed more of this color (somehow...). So I finished this one up. From a Crochet World issue. I also had another one started (that I still don't have the yarn for). And started another one (that I don't have enough yarn to finish...) :P


This was something I wanted to make a sample for, of the "Pressed Flowers" afghan I made. To "show" my husbands Aunt how it "looks". Then I thought, "Well what is she going to *do* with it, though?.... I know, turn it into a hotpad". So that's where that came from... It's a good idea to use up scraps for future hotpads for me, though; too.

Thought I would take a picture of my progress on the Shalom Cardigan. This one is slow going... I switched to circular needles since it was way too hard to do on straights. I found a pair that were the right size, and noticed there was a 'snag' on them. Grrr! So, I tried to cut it off with a pair of nail clippers (didn't work too well), then got my emery board out and filed it down. :P Where there's a will, there's a way!... LOL It worked pretty good.

And, I saved the biggest for last!! My Short Sleeved Bolero! I finished this shortly after my last post. The next day, actually; I think. This is another project I was so close to finishing, why did I stop working on it?.... I don't know. I must lose my steam or something... But now it is done. A project that that was on my list forever to finish. I took a few pictures. Well, my 7 year old took this one. :P Which accounts for the look on my face. (He takes pictures like his Dad... moves the camera before the picture is done being taken, turns out blurry... ) So this was like #4 try on him taking this...


This one I did (with a different top on), bathroom mirror...

And, on the bathroom door... :P


Well that is all for now. Got three million things to do today. But I wanted to get this blog post in. Shoulda started earlier... Oh well. Story of my life... :P Hope everyone has a great weekend.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Love the bolero on you Tina...it looks comfy and sweet ;)
At least your son is wiling to take your pics...maybe if you let him several times, he'll get the hang of it ;)

Tina said...

:P Thanks, Mimi. He is only 7; so he will probably still do it (without an attitude at least) for a few more years... :)

paula said...

Just a quick note to tell you I have awarded your blog the Sunshine Award. So come by my blog to pick up the button. Congrats!

Paula

Debbi-a1 said...

Love everything. You commented on my Purple Puff Stitch Sweater at Crochetville and in case you missed my reply, I said something like: After making the shurg you should be able to make a sweater easily. There's a Side to Side Cowl at Lionbrand that you might be able to do (I havne't tried it yet, not sure on the side to side for me).