Monday, February 01, 2010

A Couple FO's...

None that were on my list, though... I actually started (and finished) this kleenex box cover after the next one... I got a new (used) book, "Crochet Private Collection" from Amazon. (For less than $7 including S & H!!) I love this book! I got it because someone at Crochetville posted a Strawberry Cow (from Farmville) that they had made using the cow pattern in this book. Well, I HAD to have it. (I'm going to make a strawberry cow for the kids.... someday....) Anyway, I was looking through the book and saw the kleenex box cover below. I thought it would be cute to send to someone (I send things to) on Pine Ridge... Well as I was making that one, I started thinking, "Whatever happened to that one 'ABC' kleenex box cover I was going to make when we lived in Michigan..." So, I finally found what I had written down, and re-did it... Not so great, but.... The pattern is on my pattern blog if you need a present for a teacher or something... :P Classroom Kleenex Box Cover
The hard thing on this kleenex box cover was the embroidery on the heart. I was going to make a 'matching' toilet paper cover, but decided not to.... (See how I get myself into trouble with too many WIPs?....)
I recently joined a "Tag~n~Silly Swap" at Crochetmania. You post your wishlist and then the first person to be "It" sends someone something but doesn't say who. The person they send it to, is "It", then they send someone else something, and so on.... Well I was the first one to get a package. An adorable teddy bear stamp. It's so cute!! Thanks Sue! (I don't know if she reads my blog at all or even knows I have a blog, but...) :P
Then there is my Spring Drew-Strings Purse, it's finished! Yay... I really like this one. But, I noticed (after I finished weaving in the chains for the 'drew' string) that I sewed the handles on wrong! GRRRR!!! I am pretty annoyed about that. But, I sewed them on too good to even attempt to undo them... :( I still like it, though. I just won't be able to put it on my shoulder. Will have to use it as a 'handbag'. :( I still need to line it. I still have fabric left over from my Chakra purse that I was thinking about using. We'll see...
We are 99.9% sure we are going to be moving again. (Yes, AGAIN!!!!!!!) UGH..... I cannot blame my husband for wanting to move. He has to drive 120 miles a day for work. I don't know how he has held out this long. We thought living out here (in the 'country'--desert style, I guess..) would be better. I do like the open space/no close neighbors here. But, there are other problems... (Besides the commute)... So, we are looking for a new place. We went this weekend to look at a couple. One I liked, but it was kind of expensive. It had a huge back yard (with grass). Well, stay tuned....

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi Tina! Sorry to hear you had to move again...I hope you get settled in a much better location. A huge backyard with grass would be very nice to be part of your home ;)
Its fun to see you get adventurous with your projects, how you get to "find" the cute ones esp. entertaining for your kids and the recipient of your charity projects.
Nice bag!

Tina said...

Hi Mimi! Well we haven't moved yet. I hope we can find a nice place, too. We looked at one house that did have a nice big back yard with grass. It was too expensive, though... :( It's hard to find a house w/ grass, here. :/