Friday, December 11, 2009

Some FO's~ Crocheting And Baking

See what happens when I don't blog in a while.... Well, I have been busy with RL. My kids hog the computer. They're more addicted to Farmville and Happy Pets and all those games on FB... When I get a chance to get on the computer, it's usually in the morning before anyone gets up (not long-lived), or at night (when I'm exhausted). No one is up yet, so.... Here I am. :P This is another Granny Star Afghan I finished recently. For the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. I was going to do some more, but.... my hands hurt.

I did manage to crochet a pair of socks, though. Not such a huge project... (These are for someone I send things to on PR, too).
Last night I finished this Pressed Flowers Afghan by Kelly Robinson, from 'The Ultimate Book of Scrap Afghans'. I started it for some friends of ours who adopted our 17 year old as their unofficial grandson. To take up to their cabin.

I started it October 31st. I tried not to use white in it too much. (Well, off-white). I did have it in three places. But mostly it is all colors.
Here it is, folded up on one side:

The other side:

I just have to wash and dry it, find a gift bag.... and give it to them. I wanted to finish it before the cold weather is over with and before they go up to their cabin again next time. So, I think I accomplished both of those things.... :)
I have been doing a little baking while offline/since we moved to our new place. I made the Copycat Starbucks Peppermint Brownies. I'd found the recipe a while ago (forever ago, it seems...) and finally made them. They were really yummy. Not too hard to do, either. Just time-consuming. I didn't do the red icing (too much, I thought...)

Here is one piece, so you can see the layers of frosting..... Yummy :P I just noticed they used my photos on the recipezaar page~ how cool is that? :)

Well that's a little catching up. We found out yesterday that the truck is not going to be totalled out. They can't even fix it until the woman answers her phone/they get her insurance information. It wasn't bad enough she ran a stop sign and hit two people, now they can't even get their vehicles fixed because she won't answer her phone?..... GRRRRR..... What is with people? Well, hopefully they will be able to get the information soon; and we can get it all taken care of.... :/ Til next time~~ Stay Safe :)

No comments: