Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Dinner for Four Please..

I made dinner last night for four, with only one chicken breast.  :P  The recipe calls for four chicken breasts.  But I can squeeze a meal for four, out of one.  Layer the broccolli, then the cooked chicken, cut up.  (I grease the pan.)

The recipe calls for three cans of cream of chicken soup. But I always only use two cans. You also use 3/4 cup mayo (and a tsp lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp curry)  I cook one cup of rice (so it evens out to about two cups, cooked) and mix it in with it.  

And I also add bread crumb topping (I melt butter in a bowl, then rip a piece of bread into the bowl and add spices. Stir with a fork and add more bread if all the butter isn't gone..  Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.  Everyone in our family loves this meal, so I like to make it a lot.  

We even had leftovers... (Yum, lunch today..)   :D


I started a sweater for the Preschool Drive for Pine Ridge.  I am posting this picture so you can see the cover of the booklet I got the pattern from. It is an out of print booklet, apparently. I got it at a "yarn store" in Nevada.  (I don't know if I ever posted about the yarn store in the town we lived in....)   It was a run down trailer out in the middle of nowhere, people smoked in there... (I don't know about you, but if you are not a smoker, you do not want your yarn smelling like it...)  It was not a nice place. Anyway.
                                  The body is done.  I am going to need more yellow yarn.  I started the first sleeve last night.
  
              
                                     Duke says Hello. I haven't peed in the house since the day Mom posted about it.

2 comments:

paula said...

The recipe looks good . . but I HATE cooked brocolli so it is out.

Duke is such a handsome young man :)

Tina said...

I'm suprised my kids like broccolli, as picky as they both are. I don't like the ends, only the "flowery" parts.. Maybe you could just make it without the broccolli.