Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Butterscotch Cookies

 I am posting this here, because it is one of those recipes I use a lot. And almost thought I lost the recipe this morning (but found it- whew).  It isn't anything special, but I make them all the time- because that's usually all the ingredients I have to make cookies with. And everyone loves them. "What kind of cookies are these?"..   "Um, just butterscotch." I haven't been able to find the recipe online, and when I asked my Mom where she got the recipe (I know she's the one who gave it to me- if she didn't give it to me then it was my Grandma), she said she had no idea..    Oh, and I usually double the recipe. Because it only makes like one pan of cookies. I also roll the dough into walnut sized balls before putting on the baking sheet. So here it is:

Butterscotch Cookies

1/2 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
`1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon vanilla

Melt butter in saucepan. (I pour the butter into a mixing bowl after it is melted.) Add sugar mix well. Add egg and beat til light.  In a separate bowl mix flour and baking soda. Add to egg mix. Add vanilla. Mix.   Chill dough for at least one hour.
Preheat oven to 375*.  Bake 7-10 minutes on ungreased cookie sheets. Remove at once.

(I usually bake them eight minutes.)

2 comments:

paula said...

Printing the recipe . . they look SO GOOD ! ! !

Tina said...

They are! It's weird. They're nothing big. But they are soft, and everyone loves them..