Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bird Nest and Dogs

A bird made a nest in one of my ferns on the front porch.  I didn't know it, and had been just pouring water in it when watering them. :/ I had seen a bird in the plant, and looked for a nest. But I didn't see one. (My husband pulled the plant apart and saw the nest, later.)  I don't know if that affected the eggs. :(  Because I haven't heard any peeping of chicks yet..   We have solid woods across the road from us. I don't know why the bird picked my fern to build her nest. Especially when we are in and out of the front door all the time, and she has to constantly fly away.  We'll see if there are baby birds...

My husband's back has been bad lately.  He was laying on the floor, trying to stretch it.  Of course the dogs have to come running over...  

....It's so exciting for them.  Lol  Duke will jump all over you; and he weighs a ton.  Jetta is more reserved, and just puts her paw up on you.  ;P     My husbands' back is doing better now.  (Now his phone is broke..  Always something..)  

1 comment:

paula said...

Can't wait to hear more about the birds . . our neighbors have 2 nests on the top of the porch poles. . . you know the big things that hold the porch roof up?

This is the first year in quite a few that neither nest h as had a robin and her babies in it . . this year they are both empty. Hope yours do well.