Tuesday, July 02, 2013

It's HOT...

This is what it feels like here lately.. O.o  Sunday it was 117, "officially"; although people who work with my husband said it hit 122 where they are. The forecast for the next two days (and yesterday) is a high of 113. Too hot for me.. :( 

I tried a flavored coffee creamer recipe I saw on a group I am in on facebook. There is any kind you could want. I made the plain vanilla. I thought I had almond extract, but I don't. I should have kept it on the burner longer, since it did taste a little grainy. But still pretty yummy. :)

I have really been loving the "ombre" look, lately. Or, I've heard it called "dip dye", too (in clothing). Sooo... I painted my nails ombre. Since I don't have a ton of money to go out and buy new clothes. ;p  (I did get one tank top from Target, though.. Just like this one. ) Have you seen the Target "Height of Summer" commercial? (Man I cannot believe the comments...)  At first I thought "that song is so obnoxious"..  Then it started growing on me, every time I saw the commercial. :P  Then I thought, "I need to get that song on my phone." Lol.. I got it here.  I found this tutorial on how to paint your nails ombre. I painted mine to match some crocheted tank tops that I want. :P This one in particular.  I did start a crocheted tank top, the Lollipop Tank. From the May/June 2013 issue of Crochet Today. It's not exactly "ombre". But.. :)

No comments: