Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Evan's Afghan

...is done!!! I do not believe it myself. But I finished it.  I started it June 11th, 2011.  And finished it January 3rd, 2013. So it took me over a year and a half. But... I did put it away a bunch of times.  I started it as a kind of "Graduation" gift. But that wasn't really working. Then I thought, "Well it will probably end up being a Housewarming Present; when he moves out and gets his own place". Well he ended up moving out a month after he graduated. That, my friends, is when it got put away for a while. 

So you can see how big it is..   I'm not sure when I started working on it again. But I wasn't really in  a hurry. I did want to get it done, though.    Well, then we found out he was engaged. :0  (I can't keep up!!) Then, we found out he was getting married in less than six months. That's when I really was like, "I need to finish this". 

I didn't realize it was going to be so big!! It fits our bed- a California King sized mattress. :0  So they could even use it as an extra blanket on their bed. Maybe even doubled up, almost; Lol. I think they only a Full sized mattress.

I have been trying to post this since about the 3rd. I wasn't able to post a picture. Then tonight I went on to Blogger Help and "known issues"... :D  I love when I figure stuff out. Wish I could figure out how to make Evan wait a few more years to get married (they are too young...)   :/   

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Wow, good job on the blanket, Tina!...just the right size for a couple ;)
A marriage in the family,sounds exciting! Doesn't seem to me as a very young age to get married as look as they're responsible enough. I think you as parents have been a very good role model, so you're son already knows what he's getting into ;)