I made some homemade granola last week. I was sick of just oatmeal or eggs... I know I could go to the store and buy some. But by the time I got ready, and went to the store, my granola was already done... This is long gone and we have since bought some at the store. But, I will probably end up making it again. It's not hard. The only thing I would probably do different is make the "granola" clump together better. The recipe I used was on Tiktok, it was just oats, honey, and vanilla and coconut oil. Which, we don't have any coconut oil: so I just used more honey.
I also made some more Cheesy Italian Flatbread the other night. I used to make this more, when they kids were all still at home. I also didn't have my pizza pan (we left it for our son..), so I used my new cookie sheet.
It turned out good. This would be good with soup, too.
I also made Garlic Spinach and Feta Spaghetti. But I don't have Feta. So I just threw some shredded mozzarella and a little cheddar too. The recipe is on this page, you have to scroll down a little to find it. I had a big bag of spinach, plus a carton we had bought and I wanted to use it up.
Saturday was a little bit hectic for me. First thing when I got up, my husband said that Eri got outside. He got her but she was mad at him. I actually don't think I found out until after I had opened this window... She was acting weird and wouldn't stop meowing... I opened the window a little to let some fresh air in. I had never opened this window yet. I was sitting at the computer and I kept looking at the window thinking, "Something isn't right...." Then I looked up and noticed the top had slid down.
So I looked all over the house to find something to put in the bottom window (every time I tried to push the top up, it would slide back down-I tried several times and I hurt from my surgery...) So I found this 2x4 in the fire pit and I cleaned it up. What a pain. Then I stuck a towel in the top part. Until my husband got home from work.
Look at her, trying to figure out how she can get out of the window! Brat...
I think she wants to go outside and hunt chipmunks... This was her a couple weeks ago.
(I didn't know until yesterday that the windows are supposed to slide down they do that so you can clean them without going outside... 🙄 None of the other ones slide down like that though.)
Anyway. I had already planned to go visit my uncle, so I left. Well while I was there, it started to rain and thunder. I had already been there a while (thinking, "Jaxson is probably freaking out..." He's terrified of thunder. (I call him Thunder Jaxson- like Thunder Jack from Snow Dogs..) We played backgammon (at least six games). My uncle said his butt hurt, (sorry, TMI) and he was getting tired. He started to get up (he's supposed to wait for the nurse to help him move to the wheelchair), and no one was there, so I helped him into the chair. After we got him over to another chair (the patients all sit in one big room with a TV, so the nurse can watch them all..), I said I was going to go. By then, it was POURING rain!! I didn't realize it was raining so hard. I was soaking wet by the time I got to my car. I parked on the road, and it was a small creek going through the side of the road (and under my car)... I didn't want to drive in it. I probably shouldn't have. But I just wanted to go home. It was torrential rain and I was hydroplaning in some spots. And people were STILL tailgating me!! I HATE that. But I made it back home. Soon as I got in and changed my clothes, and sat down; I looked at the window and said "Oh, I guess I'm glad I put a towel in the window."
I have been crocheting some. And I have my daughter-in-law's birthday card started, too. (I got the stamp for her card on Saturday, too.)
This is it, so far. I thought I had posted more about how I made the Christmas shaker snow globe card I did for them in 2024. But I can't find it anywhere on here. I will have to google it I guess. I was upset because the bottom part of the snow globe is a tiny bit crooked. I was going to redo the whole thing but I decided not to. I will probably work on it today. So I can send it out to her. Her birthday is less than three weeks away.
.jpg)







No comments:
Post a Comment