Monday, September 21, 2020

Another Old Quilt Project..

I should say, "Old Quilt Projects"...   I was curious if I still had a good amount of flying geese squares from a baby quilt I obviously never finished. I knew I had at least 72. But, for some reason I thought I had given most of them away.  Well I dug through my old sewing bins (so unorganized), and I found them ALL!! 82 of them (not 72). I was so happy!   I had started this (I think?) for my cousins' baby. (Who is now about 30 years old.)  WHY did I start my first quilt with flying geese? Lol...  I don't know. (I obviously didn't know much about quilting then..)  I think I realized I would have to make a LOT of these, and it would take forever. And started something else.  I know I've posted about these squares a couple times. I think I did give some away. (So, I had even more than this.)
All this fabric to go with the quilt...  
I think this is the quilt I ended up making instead of the flying geese one.  I wish I had taken a picture of it!! (I didn't even have a computer back then... Maybe I didn't have a camera, either.)
Anyway. These are some more squares. I have no idea what these were for.

 A more organized pile of all the fabric cut out in squares and rectangles...   I am thinking I might do a variation of the flying geese quilt. I will have to decide on colors for the sashing. If I get a square done, I'll post it.  

No comments: