Saturday, December 21, 2019

Wow


I can't believe I only blogged a couple times all year. Let's just say, I will be glad when this year is over. It has been one thing after another.  Some good things have happened, though. I am getting better at quilting thanks to my Quilting Group. I think getting out and being around people is helping me, too. Even though my groups have me going non-stop and it's overwhelming at times. I have two quilts started. Oh. I should post the pictures of those.. This is a quilt I sewed a long long time ago. For Eli. I don't know what happened to it but I vaguely remember it was in our shed or storage and got wet and completely ruined. My Mom paid for all the fabric for me to sew this. It kind of makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it.

This was a quilt I started when I was pregnant with my now 17 year old son. I finished the one (top) strip. And after joining the Quilting group, and taking a class; I thought, "I should get that baby quilt out I started.."  I sewed a second strip. Well, you can see how much bigger the second strip is! I was going to sew it for my first grand baby, when I found out my son and his wife were expecting. But she lost the baby. (They still haven't tried again, and it's been over a year.)


And this is another quilt I started. We took a scrap strip quilt square class for Quilts of Valor. And I decided to try my own quilt at home. To practice so maybe I will get brave enough to sew a Quilt of Valor. All the fabric is from what I had, or got off the stage for free. It's the Free "Table". But it's the stage of the center we meet at. If you have anything you want to give away/don't want anymore (fabric, yarn, magazines, books, sewing things...) you can put it up there and whoever wants it takes it. And vice-versa, if you want something. You just have to take back home whatever didn't get taken (that you brought).
Remember how I said my groups keep me busy so that I am overwhelmed?... This was one of those things. Eight pairs of Elf Slippers for the ladies on the Christmas Committee, for the Christmas Party. They provided the yarn and paid me, $10 per pair. But. WOW. I was so glad when they were all done. And I had two months to knit them all!!  The Christmas party was the first week of December. I didn't know, they all dress up as Elves. Which is why they wanted the slippers.
A different view so you can see the toes.. I knitted a pair of these for Eon a few Christmases back. And when I brought them to show and tell someone said "Can you make us ten pairs?" I was like, "No..."  (Two of the ladies couldn't make it, so I only had to do eight pairs..)  One of the pairs was Eons'. He never wore them, and she said she would just take those.
This is another bag I sewed for Quilts of Valor for their fundraiser. It's another class we did. I love this bag. I want to sew one for myself. I got some super cute "Paris" fabric off the stage, that I want to use in it.
And I even sewed a pocket. :D I was so happy how this came out. I love it. Alice said I used a lot of fabric no one would take in a long time. I was like, "Really?" Well that's good. ~Anyway~ 

I hope to be better at blogging. I really miss it. I have lots of pictures from Facebook and Instagram. I just don't post them here.  The font is bigger in some areas in this post, but I don't know how, or want to try and change it; because I just got it to where the pictures would all stay in the middle. I hope you can read it.

                                        ~~Until Next Time~~



2 comments:

paula said...

LOve the larger words . . my eyes are getting old and picky.

So glad to see you back. I remember when I started i wanted to post every day, just so could keep track of what I was doing. Now, I peruse Facebook, read kindle books and crochet and haven't posted in quite a while. Think I may update it this weekend.

GREAT quilting.

Tina said...

I know, I get caught up posting on FB but my blog kind of took the back burner.