Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Two More Birthday Boxes

Now that I've sent them both, I feel like I can post about them.. (The chances of her reading my blog are probably zero.)  I crocheted this "Playnket". Play mat + blanket. I wish they had stuff like this when my guys were little. 

Four outfits.

The only actual thing I sent from this picture was the Hot Wheels track builder. I was going to send the truck, but.... 1. I didn't have a big enough box/enough money to send a bigger box, and 2. I had already spent more on his gifts than I did his sister. So, I wanted everything to be "equal". I sent three hot wheels instead. Which make more sense. With the hot wheels track and track rug/blanket..

This was "Moms'" box. I re-used the Victoria's Secret bag... (My husband bought me a pair of sweats for Christmas.)  I got her a pair of pants, two shirts and earrings. Plus oddball stuff.... I was going to send more (but, money.... Lack of...)  I just tried to fit what I could in there. One of the things was a popsicle mold. And Kool-Aid mix to make them with..

Along with this; because I spent more on her big brother... Now I feel like he will feel left out...  Sigh... Lol. I got this at the Salvation Army! I just thought it was cute. It looks old.

This is something else I have been doing, it's a "drive" in a group I am in on Ravelry. They are trying to make 300 mini-stockings for an elementary school on Pine Ridge.  I "signed up" for 10. So far I have five done. This was the first one I finished. It's my night time TV watching project. It is too hot to do much else than small things.  

1 comment:

Mimi said...

The playnket is so neat!...yes, its one of those things we wish we could have made for our kids back then.
I love seeing how you keep up in sending your crochet gifts and other cute stuff to make children (and moms) happy :)