Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Angels and Butterflies

I don't think I ever posted about the purple angel I crocheted..  This was back in May.  I just wanted to crochet something fun. Not for the OB Ward. Not for OST/CPS...   Just for fun.   I don't remember why I did a purple one, if I did it specifically to give to my sister-in-law, or thought "I should give this to her, she loves purple;" after I made it.  Anyway. There it is. 

Top view.  I gave it to her a while ago. With the plant baby I put in a pot..  (Funny side note, the plant is also purple. Lol) But I gave her the plant because it was the only plant I had so far, and a piece broke off/I made a new plant from it.  I just thought, "The plant was purple too."  A Wandering Jew plant.

This one I actually just finished last night.  In baby yarn, with Vanna's Choice something or other...  It's silver sparkly yarn.

This one I did in between the first two I posted. :P   In worsted weight, like the purple one. But with Christmas red sparkly yarn.   I do not have a link to this pattern, it's one someone mailed to me. Sorry.

Here they are next to each other so you can see the difference in size..

Yesterday, I saw a huge beautiful yellow and black Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly, on my flowers. I ran to grab my camera. This picture stinks. I don't know if you can make out the butterfly. I could see it better with my bad eyes than this picture. Sheesh.  It was so beautiful! I texted my husband and told him "It was just like the one we saw in our driveway the day we were leaving Tennessee." He said "It followed us."   I don't know why, but it got me so emotional...   :(  I said "It's a sign..."   

This is a picture our son Eli took of the butterfly in TN.   I googled "What does it mean when you see a butterfly?"  
Some people think it is a dead loved one coming back to you.   Maybe it was my Grandma, saying "Have a safe trip" when we were leaving Tennesee." And, "Things will get better"  yesterday...  This is what I thought it might mean.   Since the first six months of living here have been utter hell.  Things are a little better since we moved out of those apartments, but I still have not been happy.  I keep trying to get myself out of this funk.  I don't know if I ever will. But, seeing the butterfly yesterday just made me happy.

No comments: