Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Moon Cakes

I am reading a book I got from the library, take one big guess what the title is... :P Moon Cakes by Andrea Louie. I just like to look at the cover and title of the book. If it looks like I will like it, I then proceed to read the inside cover.... Well I started reading this book and at first I just could not get into it. But, I kept reading it.... And finally kind of started liking it. She talks about moon cakes. I didn't know these were a real thing. (I have never been outside of the U.S...) This is what they look like. If you scroll to the right, you can see the moon cake presses she made them with. Here are a few recipes for mooncakes: at aboutdotcom, dltk or something.., Spices of Life blog (this is the same person who took the picture in first link)~ I think this is the one I printed out.... If you google you could probably find a recipe you like. I went to an Asian Market today. I was hoping to find some moon cakes or a press. But I didn't see either. We have a China town near here I will have to have my husband take me there soon so I can look for Moon Cakes. Maybe they are only available during the Moon Festival.... I don't know. If I find any, I'll be sure to take a picture of them and share them here. :)

No comments: