Friday, September 01, 2006

Aaaahh.... Frankenmuth... (Don't read if you're hungry!) :p

Most of you are probably thinking, 'Frankenwhat?'... LOL Frankenmuth is a little town in Michigan that is a German town; "Michigans' Little Bavaria". The whole town is German restaurants~ Zehnders-my favorite, fried chicken dinners to die for! Bavarian Inn; shops, inns... german clock stores... Rau's Country Store was another one of my favorites. We'd go in and get a bunch of candy and the hugest and most delicious pickles you have ever seen or tasted! Oh! I almost forgot, my favorite store there for yarn lovers! Rapunzels! What brought this on, you might say? Well today I went to a little German bakery here called Wimbergers Old World Bakery and Delicatessen... And I got to thinking about Frankenmuths... Wimbergers has a lot more than just baked goods, though. Coffees, teas, jams, cookies, candies, German magazines, smoked sausages and other meats, cheeses... We got some pretzels (big pretzels; nice and salty!) and sauerkraut and smoked sausage for dinner tonight. I got a couple of little goodies for my tea cozy swap partner, too. Well I hope you weren't hungry. If you weren't, you probably are now! ;)

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Tina I'm really getting hungry just reading your post! You know, my favorite donut is bavarian donut, and I just love freshly baked old fashioned bread. hmmm...I love the smell of it too...

Lucy said...

I love the smell of places that sell homemade baked goods!!! That all sounds so yummy!

Tina said...

They were all talking in German, too. It was kinda cool. (Unless they were talking about me, hee hee) ;)
Did you go to the Wimbergers site? It shows loaves of baked bread (you can't smell them...but..)