Saturday, September 12, 2026

Some FO's and Antique-ing

I have finished a couple of things... I was trying to find a "fake" cinnamon stick to use for the pumpkin stem on this pumpkin. But I couldn't find one anywhere. And I'm getting fed up with ordering things online and them taking forever to get here, and the shipping is ridiculous. So, I found a pattern with a crocheted stem. This is actually two different patterns. The pumpkin was a reel on Facebook, and she didn't write out or have typed how many chains or anything. So I stopped the video and counted a bunch of different times...   It looked like chain 20, with 2 sc in the beginning and end of each row, with hdc in every other chain. 32 rows total back loops only.  I will have to look if I saved the pattern I used for the stem. 
I initially put it here but I have since moved it to a different location. 
I thought the way it worked up was really cool. But after I sewed it up you couldn't tell, it didn't look like that any more. I used some yarn in my stash, Bernat tan and brown or something. I think I used a G hook.
These are a Geocaching thing. They're supposed to be "Geocoins". For the pen pal who got me into Geocaching. I used this tutorial to get it started. I don't remember how many rows I did. (sigh.... I've been trying to keep track of things better, sorry.) I just did the "embroidery" by trying to copy the picture of the ones I saw on Pinterest.
My husband and I went to Frankenmuth (again???) over Labor Day weekend. We went "antique-ing". I had been saying (almost every time we went up), "I want to go to that antique store"...  So he drove there but it looks permanently closed. Then we went to "Thrifty Treasures (building one and two)".  I found these little snowmen. ⛄ Actually I think my husband found them (he likes snowmen). I don't even know how or where or when I even started collecting salt and pepper shakers. Now I have: Snowmen, 4th of July Gnomes, strawberries, Santa and Mrs. Claus, Easter Bunnies. That's it. I actually have two different snowmen sets. Maybe I should do a blog post on all my salt and pepper shakers. The antique stores had SO many of them. 
I've been working on my poncho. I was doing good. Just working on the poncho... Then my husband said (last night) "Can you crochet me a Q-tip holder for my bathroom?" Um..... Yeah. I couldn't decide what color to make it because the shower curtain is blue and white (like this one-). All the shower curtains were the same when we moved in, but I put my shower curtain in my bathroom.  Anyway~ The towels are light grey, and the soap dish and toothbrush holders are white. So, I decided to do it in white. I'm working on that right now. Realistically, we should just get a grey and white shower curtain in that bathroom. I want a new shower curtain in mine, too.   Anyway...   Last night I was watching a Facebook Reel. I keep seeing more reels about "Chaos Blankets". I thought "I don't know if I would want to do that". But, last night I saw one someone was doing a "CHRISTMAS Chaos Blanket" (She didn't put it in all caps, I did that just now... LoL) Because I love Christmas.... 🎄🎅🤶⛄I might have to do one now. (Sigh...)  Then, this morning when I was trying to find the pattern for the Q-tip holder, I was going through all my magazines and patterns, and now I want to crochet about 20 different things again. (sigh...)  I have things I need to do but all I want to do is crochet and drink tea!! 😭  Today IS International Crochet Day, though...  👀  That's like the #1 holiday for crocheters!! 

No comments: