Saturday, May 30, 2020

Update on Jaxson



Well, the good news is, it's extreme colitis. And NOT Pancreatitis (just went through that with Bagheera!)  :(  Or a stick or anything poisonous he might have eaten. (They did x-rays, and blood tests...) Which leads me to the bad news, how expensive it was.  But, I am SO relieved he is okay (or, will be okay--hopefully!)!!! We got two different antibiotics, and an anti-vomiting/nausea pill packet.   He had to have a muzzle on because he was growling and didn't want the tech assistant or the Vet to come near him. I actually had to put the muzzle on him, the Vet left the room. LoL. I had to hold the stethoscope to him too so the assistant could listen to his heart.  He had a fever of 102.7. I think he is starting to feel better, though. I bought him a big huge new rope today (he LOVES his rope). He is eating and drinking still and no more bloody poops or vomiting.  :D  I am so relieved!
This is a bookmark I made for one of my pen pals. She had sent me a letter with that girl on it. So I "re-purposed" it into a bookmark for her.

I went to an Estate Sale this morning. A new member in my Quilt Group I am in posted on the Facebook page that she was having an estate sale and had yarn and fabric. Her Mom was going to open a store but I don't know what happened...  It was all more like her stash that she had. And, I was hoping they had that exact color of purple on the left! And they did! Yay! I started a Hippo Pillow with that color I had almost a whole skein in my stash (the pattern says you only need one skein). And I am almost done with the first side, and I am almost out of purple yarn. Now I will have enough, I think.

And, this bag full of partial balls. I will use these for scrap afghans probably. Mitered squares or grannies.


No comments: