Friday, August 11, 2006

'Flying Geese' Quilt squares

I found these in the big Rubbermaid tote you see them on top of. (It was in storage.) I'm almost positive I was making this quilt for my cousins' baby (who is now fifteen...) (ahem...) I counted 83 of them so far. I don't think there's any more in there. But there is a bunch of little squares and bigger ones cut out to do more with. I found the book I was using to make this quilt from, too; 'Quilts, Quilts, Quilts', by Diana McClun and Laura Nownes. It says for a crib sized (which is what I was making with these, but it wouldn't have to be a crib quilt necessarily... You need 240 units :0 for a crib quilt. 540 for a twin sized.... Sheesh no wonder I never finished it. I would like to, but I of course need to get my sewing machine tuned up first... Oh well. Just thought I'd share my find. ;)

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow Tina, that's a lot of squares needing tons of patience to put it all together! But with sewing it goes quite fast, doesnt it? You just have to get started on it...Good luck on that one, it looks cute!

Tina said...

THanks, Mimi. I did these on my sewing machine, so it wasn't hard. I have done some other squares by hand, though. Haven't taken any pictures of those, though...

I will need a lot more to finish a whole quilt...

Lucy said...

I can almost tell you with 100% certainty that I have quilt squares in a rubbermaid tote somewhere in my house!!