Monday, November 28, 2022

The Christmas Spirit

Well, I am *trying* to get into the Christmas spirit... I put the tree up and decorated the house. My husband put all our light up outside yesterday; and decorations outside. We didn't decorate outside last year; because my husband wasn't here, he was still working where we used to live..   This little accordian book was from a tutorial. It was actually for a "Fall Accordian Book". But I did mine Christmas.  
I started it with what I had. Then my husband said "Do you want to go to Hobby Lobby?" 🤯 When would I not want to go there?..  And I didn't know, but they had a big sale 40-60% off everything. (Which explains why there were so many people there...)  I got some more Christmas card stock, and stickers, and ribbon.. The front of the book and the Santa sticker were from HL.
The inside. These were all paper, punch-outs and the Christmas tree sticker I already had.
Inside the little "notebook" (which I made also). The tutorial shows you how to do everything in the book.
                                                             Each little page has a sticker.
And this I guess is the "Accordian" part of the book. You make these little slot/envelopes to put little goodies in. The Rudolph and Santa stickers I got at Hobby Lobby. 
Need to get more stuff to put inside. I don't know what I will do with this little book/who I will give it to. I was trying to think of things to make for gifts to send people this year. Since money is so tight.. 

 I also started a hat (a balaclava) for a Christmas present for our youngest son. He had ordered a balaclava online, to wear for work. He put it on and was showing me this "new" thing he got.😝  "Because it's too cold outside." I said, "I could have knitted you one! I've knitted a couple of those for your Dad for work." He said mine was probably not warm as this one is. I am going to knit him one anyway. I couldn't remember how I did these, though from the instructions/pattern in this book. There is a balaclava free pattern online that is more detailed that I might look at for help when I get to the face part. I've had this book forever. 

No comments: