Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Antique Store Finds

Over the weekend, we went to see my Father-In-Law. We were over an hour early, I kept saying to my husband, "We're way early.." He wouldn't say anything. "Why are we going this way, anyway?" Nothing...  Then he pulled into a Craft/Antique Mall. He wanted to surprise me, he said. I wish we had more time to look around, that place is huge. I didn't realize until I walked into the antique part of the store, I had been there before. A lifetime ago, when my boys were little.  I walked around the craft section first. Then the antiques. I saw this baby afghan. I thought it was very interesting. It looks like a mitered square. But the little holes have me confused. I posted on a couple places asking if anyone knew what the pattern is. No one seems to know. I kind of want to go back and buy it so I can try to copy it. Well, I do want to go back for sure. I could be there all day. I was rushed, so I didn't have time to look at everything.
But (at the last second!) I found a Shelley Tea Cup!! I used to collect tea cups with saucers (around the same time as I went to that store before), but I didn't really know anything about them. But when I went to my (late) Aunt's house for lunch last Fall, she was showing me her Shelley Tea Cups she got in England when her daughter (my cousin) lived there. I was so impressed. Now I want some Shelley Tea Cups, I thought...  I really don't love the flowers on this one, but it was the only one I could find. I had to put it inside my desk, so the cats don't go up there and knock it off and break it.   

I also saw almost a whole booth with Fiestaware! Sigh...  
 

No comments: