Thursday, January 25, 2024

Hats and Update

A lot has happened since my last blog post.. I was diagnosed with cancer last October. I have been going through that (a lot, mentally, physically...). I have been getting chemo. Yesterday was my fourth round. I have still been crocheting. I think it's the only thing (besides my family) keeping me going sometimes. On the days I feel good enough to crochet. 😊  This was my last project of 2023. I started getting into crocheting doll things again. And buying dolls. I should have uploaded the picture of all the dolls I bought. I bought six or seven of these size dolls at the dollar store. They usually don't have any white ones in, so I was (so excited) getting a bunch while they had some that day. 
 
I did a cradle purse, pillow and blanket. I also bought some little bottles at the dollar store. I'll have to upload that picture, too. And I bought a bigger sized doll (it came in a pack of two dolls, with bottles, and other things..). I'll have to upload all those for another post. 
This is a hexi cardigan sweater I've been working on. For me. I keep seeing them on Facebook in crochet groups I am in. I have crocheted so many baby hexagon sweaters. I remember when I translated the one youtube video of the hexagon sweater all those years ago.. It's about time I made one for myself! I just am using yarn I have since we don't have a lot of money.. You can google hexi cardigan, there's so many different ones. I'm using one I saw on YouTube. (You would think the pattern would be imprinted in my brain by now.. But..) :p
And, I have been crocheting hats. There is a cart with a bunch of hats people have donated for the chemo patients, that they can take if they want one. (My hair started falling out about a week after I started treatment.. But it's still not bad enough I need a hat all the time..)  Anyway, I said "I don't need a hat, I can crochet one. And I can crochet some more for the cart!" This one incidentally (coincidentally) is the same yarn as my sweater. :P  IT's called the "Delaney Hat".
This one is a popular one right now, for Valenine's Day. I've done two and a half of these. I have another purple one going, because I want to keep this one. :P
                                                            And a pink one I did. The pattern is called Hearts Striped in a Row.
This one is just a basic dc one I don't even remember what pattern I used, it was on my phone on day..
                                                             Another Delaney hat, in blues.
                                                      A Reversible Strands hat, for a man.

 Another Delaney Hat. I've done two in this color. One is mine. The other one, one of my MA's one day said she loved my hat where did I get it? I said I crocheted it. Well long story short, I did one just like it for her, but I tweaked the pattern and made it five stitches lenghtwise, and I added two extra rows widthwise because she tried mine on and it was a little smallish. She said her coat is blue. But I was like "Blue... There's so many blues..." And ended up settling on one just like mine. I gave it to her yesterday at my appointment (I asked if she was working, and she was). She paid me a little.  And I brought in all my other hats for the cart, too.  It's a good thing I brought my hats in, the hat stash was getting low! 

The Delaney Hat is no longer available online. :(

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Hi Tina, the hats are pretty, the hearts stripe is such a cute pattern. I'm sorry for your diagnosis and you have to undergo the treatments. You are brave for facing it head on. Hang in there, you are so loved and cared for by family and friends. I'll send you a private message soon.
(I've neglected reading blogs...will try to catch up and update my blog too.)