Friday, November 17, 2023

I'm Still Here...

I was having problems signing in to my blogger account. (Sigh....)  Besides all my other,Real Life problems. 😔 But I am back. I haven't stopped crafting, or crocheting. I am still trying to find (and upload-- SIGH!!) all my pictures of everything I have been doing. But this is a start. I've been making a lot of cards. This bear was for a pen pal friend of mine who likes bears. I printed out the sentiment on word, or notepad or something. The bear stamp is really old- might have been one of my very first stamps ever that I have. 
A Halloween card I made, trying to use up some bright colored index cards and envelopes I had. 
I had made these two little notepads out of the five packs of notepads you get at Dollar Tree. (Dollar Twenty-Five Tree). I sent one of these in Happy Mail to another one of my pen pals.
This is a baby card I made for the same pen pals son and DIL, who are expecting a baby girl. I actually crocheted a baby afghan and a whole sweater/hat/booties/mittens set, too. (And I got a couple outfits).  That's another picture I need to find and upload.
Okay, another Halloween card.
               I didn't have any polka dot paper, so I made my own for the little circle...
And another background paper I made up of my own, with another really old stamp I have. This card, I used a Trick or Treat bag I got from DT as one of the background papers, too.
                     And this is a more recent card I finished (yesterday, as a matter of fact.). 
I was trying to find a picture of the stamp set I had bought that I used for this card. I had been wanting it forever. And they had all their stamps on sale one week, so I got the set finally. It's called the Tea Lovers stamp set.  
I watched one of her video tutorials to make some tea pockets, using that stamp set. I made this one yesterday, too. I made the tea pocket and above card for the same person I crocheted the baby set for (well, for her grandbaby).  She has been here for me a lot lately. 
These are some I made the same day I originally had watched her video tutorial. I went a little crazy making the pockets. 😜 I don't know what I was thinking. Who am I going to even give all of those to? LoL.... I will have a lot of little gifties to give to unexpected people. 

 This is the very first batch I made, with two that I actually decorated. 

So, the "other Real Life problems" I have been going through is: I was diagnosed with cancer last month. It was and still is a shock to me. Even though I have a family history of cancer; I am not an alcoholic, and I actually took care of myself, ate healthy, took vitamins, tried to exercise....  (The people in my family who had cancer did none of the above and were alcoholics). I went to a new doctor this week. And I was talking to one of the nurses before seeing the doctor. And she said it sounds like I just got some bad genes. And maybe I should get genetic testing. She said all of our boys should get screened for cancer young. 😢   I had been not feeling well, and had a busy summer with our two older boys coming to visit. I will try to update my blog, now that I finally got back in. I have been going crazy with stuff online, all my doctors and stuff I have to do online... 😖 I should be starting treatment(s) in a couple weeks. If you all can keep me in your prayers.  

No comments: