Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Rats, and Hats

I don't know if I mentioned the Rat Bookmarks someone asked me to make them...  Someone from my quilting group posted a pattern and asked if I could make her a couple (three, it turned out).  And she would pay me.  I said I would. (Sigh...)  I HATE this pattern SO much!!!  #1. I could hardly see what I was doing, it was such small work. #2. There is so much sewing involved. You have to stuff the head. Way too much work for a bookmark!!!  I almost felt like messaging her and saying I changed my mind. But, part of me said "You said you would, just finish them.."  And it is my biggest pet peeve when someone says they are going to do something, and they don't.  So, I finished them.  
I used sock yarn and scrap peach yarn and white yarn I had.  The pattern is here.  I don't suggest making one. I never want to make one again.
On to the hats...  This is the hat I got out to finish from four years ago.  I like how the blocks of color ended up. I'll probably send this to Pine Ridge, or donate it to the Hats for The Homeless.

 This hat is for the HFTH. A lady who I met there once gave us her pattern for her hat. It's actually her pattern. And she gave me yarn to make one. She dyes her own yarn. So I'll take this up next time I go. They might be meeting again for the Sit and Stitch, I don't know. They opened restaurants here so I thought maybe they would be able to do the Sit and Stiches now..  Well that's all for today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi - I was searching for crochet Mickey Mouse and your granny squares came up on Pinterest.. so cute!! But the link to the pattern no longer works. Any chance you can repost or send me the pattern [Leona.Perreault@gmail.com] Many Thanks!!

Tina said...

I don't recall having a pattern, I just made up the Mickey Mouse head.