Friday, March 23, 2012

Toe-Up Socks And A Note My Husband Wrote Me....

I have been in the mood to knit socks lately. Green ones. For about a month. Because I remember looking for green sock yarn when I got to go to JoAnns a couple weeks ago. (And I had been wanting to knit green socks before that..)  Well I finally was going to start some, with some yarn with green in it. But I couldn't get the right guage with the size 1 dpns I had. So I went to the LYS we have here to see if they had any bamboo dpns size 3. They didn't. But they did have size 3 dpns. AND, they had green sock yarn. :D Bonus.  I am using Wendy's Toe-Up Sock with Gusset Heel pattern. I had been wanting to try a toe up sock forever.  I did mess up on the pattern. Note to self: *Read what the pattern says to do~ Not what you think it means?*  I was knitting one row: "K1, M1, knit to the end" Then the next row: "K to the last stitch, M1, K1"???  I only did that for two rows, thinking "This doesn't make any sense". Then I went back and read the instructions... Duh.. :P   I must have needed two extra cups of coffee yesterday.   Well this is what I have done so far. It's been a while since I've knitted socks. And using the metal dpns is making my fingers go numb. :(  So I can't do much at a time. (Sigh...)

And look at the lovely note my husband wrote me last night....  :0 !!  On my new dpn holder.   It's kind of funny/cute...   I don't really care.  :P

3 comments:

paula said...

Hubby knows where you look so he wrote in the perfect place.

One day I shall learn how to make socks . . . I've tried the dpn and I swear I had 5 thumbs on each hane :0P

Tina said...

That's exactly what I said, Paula. Yes, getting the hang of working with dpns is almost the hardest part. I knit a baby bootie that is called a "Sockie", from the book "Socks, Socks, Socks". Very, very similar to this pattern on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/christines-stay-on-baby-booties
It might help you get into knitting with dpns.

Mimi said...

I've tried to knit with dpns at least twice...it gets so confusing, but its very intersting ;)
That is a nice way to get a message across, and save on paper...hehe