Thursday, June 30, 2016

Crochet Scalloped Top

I don't remember the actual date I started this, but I finished it today. :D  It's the Crochet Scalloped Top. I used the video tutorial by Mikey from The Crochet Crowd.  I am not sure I would have been able to do it, if I hadn't watched that video. Once you watch the video it's like "Duh..."  But, the pattern was confusing to me.   Especially when I got to the sleeves. I don't know why, but I am having trouble wrapping my brain around the simplest of things lately..   I used Loops and Threads Impeccable, in "Luxury".  I had six skeins of it, but only used...  Less than three.  Maybe I should make a matching bag or purse.  :P

I made the small size. I was a little worried because I usually wear a medium. But the measurement for a small is the closest to what I would wear. And, it fits.

And I got crazy and did the open sleeves. :0

On a hanger, in the bathroom. :P

A collage I made...     I saw one someone had started on Facebook on The Crochet Crowd group, done in red, white, and blue. And I wanted to do one like that. But...   Money is tight right now. So, I was sitting here thinking what I had and remembered this yarn.  (Fourth picture down.) I went looking in my bins and I had bought two more, so I have four skeins of it to do another top if I want to. I still haven't decided. I entered this one in the "Summer Lovin" Challenge.  If I do another one, I can enter that one, too. There are three different tops you can do.

I had this whole post almost done, then Duke came and laid underneath the table and turned the whole computer off.   Grrr!! That is about the fourth time today he has done that to me.  He is on my bad side from before I even let him back in from outside this morning...  
Because. This.  I let Jetta back in because she was scratching at the door. I went back about (less than) five minutes later. So, either he started doing this the second I let him out, or he is a true monster.   He started being obsessed with the fence over there, about a week ago. I don't know if he saw a mouse or a chipmunk, or what. The crawl space is right on the other side of the fence.  But he will not give it up.  Now he is escalating to this.  He even tore up his paw pad doing it, and he still keeps going back over there to go at it again, every time I let him out. I have to watch him all the time now. Sigh...

2 comments:

paula said...

Poor Duke :( Don;t you wish you could read his mind to help him out.

Your top is adorable.

Ever time I see a picture of you I am amazed . . my mind always sees you as a "dishwater" blonde with hair pulled back into a pony tail . . . silly me . . . LOLOL

Tina said...

I think he must have seen something. My husband set traps down in the crawl space, so we know "critters" go down there. Or maybe it was a bunny. :P

Thank you for the compliment on my top. You aren't the first person to say they thought I was blonde. I worked for a temp agency once. When I went in to the office, she said "When I talked to you on the phone, I was picturing you as a blonde." Funny, when I was a kid I always wished I was blonde. And you wouldn't believe it, but both my sisters are blonde. (We have different dads..) :)